Activate Light Mode

April 2020 Overview

Fri, 01 May 2020

Disclaimer: This is not a technical post but rather an "overview" of stuff I did in April. I'll be uploading posts like these once in a while to share stuff in general.

Still here? Cool. Let's go.

This post will be broken into three parts:

  1. Zero to One
  2. Stasis
  3. Conclusion

Zero to One

April was an eventful month for me and was primarily the reason for writing this post.

I worked on a music video for Aseem Dhaneshwar along with Aseem Kurhekar called Ilaaj for his deput ep. You can check the video linked below.

It was a lot of fun to work on this video and I learned a ton of stuff. 95% of the video is done in After Effects while the remaining 5% was done in Blender.

I also began reading two books:

While I was able to complete Masters of Doom, the same cannot be said for Digital Harmony. With the completion of one book, I have now read 4 books till now. And I hope to complete my resolution of reading at least 12 books this year. I keep track of the books using Goodreads.

I was always interested in audio and visual arts and to further explore this area, I'm now learning two new tools

Processing is an open-source graphical library used to create visuals, while TidalCycles is an open-source language/software for live coding music. I'm documenting my progress on GitHub. I'm also now using mdx instead of md to include React components here. The above embedded video is an example of that.


It was not all roses though. As I mentioned before, I started reading two books with the intention of completing both while I was able to complete only one.

I also planned on improving my HackerNews Reader app but I failed to do so. The same goes for my YouTube channel as I wasn't able to upload a single video. Another thing was this website's redesign. While I moved from md to mdx, I was not able to completely redesign it which I hope to do in this month.


In retrospect I know I was taking a lot on my plate, but mostly it was poor time management on my part. I hope I'll be able to accomplish more this month as I'm going to use some task planners to help me manage my time efficiently (hopefully).

I have looked into Notion, Joplin along with some other alternatives and I'll see how it goes.

Stay at home and wash your hands 🏠 🚰